The DONT’S Of Hair Care
Having a bad hair day? Does the perfect voluminous bouncy hair you see in a shampoo ad look like a dream? Well, that may be a dream but it can come true. Summer being so favorite for the skin and hair is not your hair’s best friend. A complete cocktail of sweat, pollution, and humidity wreak havoc on your scalp and hair. Annually people spend dollars on their hair care routine. As a matter of fact, people go above and beyond to achieve perfect locks. From professional salon treatments to over-the-counter serums, hair care is big business.
The only problem is that while many people are buying the right hair care products for their hair, they forget to follow basic hair care regimens that will guarantee the health and beauty of their tresses. Additionally, many are also causing needless damage to their hair by participating in unhealthy hair care behavior.
So, what should you do to make sure that your hair stays healthy, shiny, and strong?
To avoid all hair care disasters, follow these 10 absolute don’ts of great hair care.
These are the hair care don’ts that you need to avoid at all costs:
1. Diss unprofessional and over-the-counter hair care products whenever you can. Stick to professionally recommended products and yes do your research first. Read the reviews. Also do not wash your hair regularly, skip a day or two.
2. Avoid cutting your own bangs. Leave all of your cutting needs, even bangs, to your hair care professional. One wrong cut and it will take months to grow back hair.
3. Avoid excessive sun, chlorine and salt water during the summer months. Excessive exposure can cause severe damage that is irreversible even if you use the best hair care products.
4. Do not visit a hair care salon without first getting a referral from someone you can trust. Choosing a salon based on an advertisement or sale alone is very risky.
5. Do not purchase hair color that comes in a box. It will rob the natural hair shine.
6. Never stick with an outdated look because you are afraid of looking different. Styles change for a reason.
7. Do not straighten your hair with a clothes iron. C’mon, this was so over in the 70s. Straighteners are here for a reason and they don’t damage your hair. Look in the hair care aisle.
8. Don’t brush your hair or put too much tension on it while it is still wet. This will cause breakage. Also, do not wear tight styles such as cornrows for extended periods of time unless you have ethnic hair.
9. Never use sun-lightening products such as lemon juice or over-the-counter hair care products designed to lighten hair with the sun unless you want a very short hair cut in the future.
10. Avoid using a hairdryer or towel for an extended period of time. Your hair needs the last drop of moisture to lock it in.
Haircare is a very individualized and personal thing. Feel free to add your own flair and style to your hair care routine, but remember to include hair care principles that will benefit your hair and avoid those that damage it. Healthy hair does not happen in a day either they are by default, it takes time and effort to get the perfect look